I blog about environmental and social justice issues because I am very concerned about the health of the interdependent web of life of which we are a part.

Melting Arctic ice.......beautiful and frightening!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hunger Strike

I've joined a hunger strike: http://www.350.org/  asked people concerned about climate change to do so on Thursday, December 17, 2009.
In their words, " but somehow it feels appropriate at what's a very solemn moment. Some of our allies around the world have been going without food for more than a month, and they've asked others to join this fast for 24 hours--starting any time on Thursday....  As global warming kicks in, more and more people will starve ....Most of us can't know the true terror of hunger, because we know we'll eat again soon, but we can join in what organizers are calling a Hunger Strike for Survival."
UPDATE:  Well, I did it.  And realized  how mcuh I take food for granted - if I'm hungry, I am able to eat.  But not everyone lives in my situation  .... and if we do not reduce GHG emissions, more people will lack food.

No comments:

Post a Comment