I blog about environmental and social justice issues because I am very concerned about the health of the interdependent web of life of which we are a part.

Melting Arctic ice.......beautiful and frightening!

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ray Anderson Speaks

The biggest culprit in the massive mistreatment of the earth by humankind is business and industry, which happens to be where I have spent the last 52 years. Thanks to Interface Carpet, I have become a recovering plunderer. I once told Fortune magazine that someday people like me would go to jail [since] theft of our children's future is a crime. Tomorrow's child has spoken to me with this message: 'We are each and everyone a part of the web of life and we have a choice to make on our brief visit to this beautiful blue and green living planet. To hurt it or to help it.'
Ray Anderson  is the CEO of Interface Carpet. Those words above were part of  his TED talk.  (Please note that Interface Carpet is an extremely successful business.)  You can find his speech at:
http://www.ted.com/talks/ray_anderson_on_the_business_logic_of_sustainability.html 

1 comment:

  1. Ray Anderson is very sick and asks for our prayers. Glenn Thomas

    ReplyDelete