I blog about environmental and social justice issues because I am very concerned about the health of the interdependent web of life of which we are a part.

Melting Arctic ice.......beautiful and frightening!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Reply From the PM!

Dear Mr.______________:

On behalf of the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your recent correspondence, in which you raised an issue that falls within the responsibilities of the Honourable Jim Prentice, Minister of the Environment.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully reviewed.  As a copy of your letter has already been sent to Minister Prentice, I am certain he will wish to give your views every consideration. For more information on the government's initiatives,  you may wish to visit the Prime Minister's web site, at
http://www.pm.gc.ca/

Yours sincerely,
"Scribble ....assistant  for"
L.A. Lavell,
Executive Correspondence Officer

I feel so much better now...  Actually, I was a little startled that the PM's office staff got my and my partner's honorific right - how would they know whether I and my partner were Mr., Ms., Dr., or Mrs. and Mrs.?

And the PM's website does not mention any concerns about reversing climate change.  Sigh .......he must like hearing from me.  I will send him another letter requesting that Canada do better: please do the same.  The relentless drip of water on stone ......

No comments:

Post a Comment